For those of you who are looking for the perfect mayonnaise recipe, you have come to the right blog.
If you are on a special diet, like gluten-free or no sugar, this is the perfect recipe.
The flavor of this mayonnaise is mild and creamy but also has a touch of zing. The taste although different from store-bought is amazing, and once you try it, you will never go back. The color will also be different, showing a golden hue.
This recipe is from MaryJanes and makes about 2 1/3 cups. Adjust the recipe accordingly if you want a little more or less.
To get started, you need:
- 3 farm-fresh eggs at room temperature. Store-bought will do if you don’t have farm-fresh.
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Be sure to get the kind that has the mother in it.
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup safflower oil or avocado oil
- Using a food processor or blender, puree the eggs, vinegar, salt, and lemon juice until well blended.
- Now add warm coconut oil in a saucepan just until melted; add safflower oil or avocado oil.
- With the food processor or blender running, pour oils into the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream. Continue blending until the mixture emulsifiers (mixture will be thin but will set up when chilled.)
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
That’s it! Give it away as a gift, or add it to your list of homemade foods.
Special note: You can also experiment by adding garlic or herbs like parsley, thyme, and oregano to give your mayonnaise a gourmet touch. The key is to make it your own ;).
Enjoy and remember to stay healthy and free.