Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 3:36 — 5.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS | Subscribe to Herb 'N Wisdom and Natural Living
For those of you who are looking for the perfect mayonnaise recipe, you have come to the right blog.
If you are on a special diet, like gluten-free or no sugar, this is the perfect recipe.
The flavor of this mayonnaise is mild and creamy but also has a touch of zing. The taste although different from store-bought is amazing, and once you try it, you will never go back. The color will also be different, showing a golden hue.
This recipe is from MaryJanes and makes about 2 1/3 cups. Adjust the recipe accordingly if you want a little more or less.
To get started, you need:
- 3 farm-fresh eggs at room temperature. Store-bought will do if you don’t have farm-fresh.
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Be sure to get the kind that has the mother in it.
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup safflower oil or avocado oil
- Using a food processor or blender, puree the eggs, vinegar, salt, and lemon juice until well blended.
- Now add warm coconut oil in a saucepan just until melted; add safflower oil or avocado oil.
- With the food processor or blender running, pour oils into the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream. Continue blending until the mixture emulsifiers (mixture will be thin but will set up when chilled.)
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
That’s it! Give it away as a gift, or add it to your list of homemade foods.
Special note: You can also experiment by adding garlic or herbs like parsley, thyme, and oregano to give your mayonnaise a gourmet touch. The key is to make it your own ;).
Enjoy and remember to stay healthy and free.
Be First to Comment