It’s nice to apply something to your lips during the summer and winter months to soften them.
However, if you’re like me and react to different ingredients that typical companies put in their lip balm, it gets hard to find a clean product.
This is one reason I started this blog and will continue. I want to give people an outlet where they can make clean products that will add to a clean lifestyle. Many of the ingredients listed for this lip balm are ones you use for different products, like homemade sunscreen, homemade body butter, soap making, oil pulling, and oil diffusing.
Since you can buy in bulk, clean living also keeps your costs down, which is essential to every person.
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp pure beeswax
- 2 Tbsp organic sunflower oil or grape seed oil
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp organic cocoa butter
- 20-25 drops organic citrus essential oil. Choose 1 or create a medley: grapefruit, mandarin, orange, or tangerine.
- A few drops of vitamin E oil
- Coarsely chop the beeswax or use beeswax pastilles.
- Place beeswax, cocoa butter, and oils in a small pot or glass Pyrex measuring cup and gently heat in the top of a double boiler until the beeswax and butters melt.
- Remove from the stovetop and add essential oils and vitamin E oil.
- Immediately pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or jars.
- Allow to cool completely before placing caps onto the containers.
Remember, everything you apply to your body or eat has an impact on your overall health. I know it’s easy to go to the store and buy what you’re used to, but I want to challenge you to read the ingredients. If you can’t pronounce them or don’t know what they are, maybe think about an alternative, including making your own.
You and your health is what I care about, so stay safe, and live healthy and free.