Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 5:31 — 7.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS | Subscribe to Herb 'N Wisdom and Natural Living
Body Butter is a pleasing lotion type product that every person in the house can enjoy. For women, body butter helps them feel sexy and soft. They also feel good knowing their skin is being taken care of and getting the treatment it deserves. As for the men, they will appreciate the silkiness of a women’s skin, along with the pleasing scent of peppermint that emanates from her body.
The body butter is also a healthy choice for children as it keeps moisture in and dry skin away. I rub it on my little girl right out of the shower, and she loves it; not only the feel but she says it smells like Christmas :).
With that happy note, roll up your sleeves, set aside 30 min. and get to work making this amazing body butter.
- 1 cup shea butter, grated.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil.
- 1/2 cup jojoba, almond, or olive oil.
- 1-2 tsp peppermint oil.
- 2 Tbl pure cocoa powder.
- 2 tsp vitamin E.
- Double boiler or pot with an inch of water on the bottom and another pot sitting on top.
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Stirring utensil
- Beaters or blender of choice.
- Ice or Fridge
- To begin, take your double broiler and melt the shea butter and coconut oil. Do not let it boil; stir while melting.
- When your shea butter and coconut oil have melted remove the pot from heat. Measure 2 Tbls of cocoa powder into a small bowl, add almond, jojoba, or olive oil (I used almond) to the cocoa powder, and stir.
- Now add the mixture to the shea butter and coconut oil, stir and chill in a large bowl of ice or put in the fridge until slightly hard. About 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled, remove from the fridge and add peppermint and vitamin E. If you are using the ice bath as I did above just leave the mixture in it until the next step.
- Now remove the mixture from the ice bath and whip on medium/high until stiff peaks form.
- Here is what the body butter looks like when it is fully whipped.
- Now you may put the body butter in whatever container you wish using your spatula. I used little jelly jars, so I could give them away as gifts.
- If you are keeping them for yourself, store the containers in a cool place. I keep one in the bathroom to use after showering. Just make sure it is in a drawer, cupboard, or under the sink.
YOU DID IT! How simple was that? All you need to do now is go enjoy this tremendous body butter and feel good about the softness it will bring to your skin.
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, as an added bonus you will have a little glow from the cocoa powder ;). As I have incredibly white skin but don’t like to tan, this is the perfect product to use. Harmless and radiating.
That’s it friends. Be sure to follow my blog so you will see the weekly posts that come out. For not though, stay healthy and free.
For another wonderful tutorial visit: How to Make Homemade Sunscreen.
Be First to Comment