Hello food lovers!
Do you ever crave a certain type of cuisine?
Yes? Me too. In our house, everyone has been craving Mexican food. Since that’s a pretty healthy meal, I haven’t said much, but I did feel the need to change it up a bit. That’s where this dip comes in.
Seven-Layer Dip has awesome ingredients on each level so when combined in your mouth they give a mighty punch of flavor. To add another layer, (no pun intended 🙂 I’m going to share our family’s guacamole recipe so you can add fresh guacamole each time you make this easy fan favorite.
Ready? Let’s start…
Once you have the guacamole recipe then you’re ready for the next step.
Seven-Layer Taco Dip
- 2-quart square glass pyrex dish
- cutting board
- One 16oz can of refried beans
- Enough sour cream to cover and put a layer on top of the guacamole
- Shredded Colby or your choice cheese
- Sliced olives
- Chopped onions (I use green onions.)
- Diced tomatoes
- Take your glass pyrex dish and spread the entire 16 oz can of refried beans on the bottom using your spatula.
- Now add enough guacamole to cover the beans.
- Next, comes the layer of sour cream. Wash the spatula off before adding each layer to make it uniform.
- Using your choice block of cheese, shred until a nice layer covers the sour cream. You can also use the pre-shredded cheese you purchase from the store.
- For your olives, you can buy a can that is already sliced or buy whole olives and slice them yourself. Regardless, this will make the next layer.
- Now, chop some green, white, or yellow onions and sprinkle them over the olives.
- The final layer will be your diced tomatoes which you can prepare ahead of time or dice fresh for the occasion.
You now have a fan favorite that took about 10 minutes to make. Perfect for when time is short, or your church is having a potluck. Remember if you are having a taco night this dip spreads nicely on a soft taco adding loads of flavor when combined with the meat.
Enjoy your week, Friends!