Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 4:30 — 6.2MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS | Subscribe to Herb 'N Wisdom and Natural Living
Every once in awhile, it would be best if you gave yourself a treat. By that, I mean not counting the carbs and sugars.
Now don’t go crazy and think I want you to fall off the bandwagon of health, no I’m just suggesting you treat yourself to something familiar and homemade once in a while.
I either make these easy homemade waffles, pancakes, or french toast for the family once every weekend. If I don’t, the kids have a revolt and try chewing off my leg. Seriously, they love their easy homemade waffles or carb breakfast :). You will too once you try them.
The recipe is by Anna Nelson Smith and comes from our family cookbook.
Easy Homemade Waffles
- Waffle maker
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk, fork, or handheld beaters
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (if you want a healthier oil try avocado oil).
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Measure dry ingredients and mix them in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine and mix your eggs, milk, and oil.
- Now, pour the wet ingredients into your dry and stir them together. Do not over mix as it will make your batter tough.
- With your waffle maker warmed, pour in the approximate measurement 2/3 to 1 cup of batter. Depending on your waffle maker, you may need to spray it before each use with avocado spray or your choice cooking spray.
- Close and bake
- Serve with bacon, eggs, and your choice fruit to make a complete and wholesome meal.
All that’s left to do is enjoy your breakfast and share about your week.
As a bonus, I’ll leave you with this poem:
“Blessed are the mothers of the earth, for they have combined the practical and the spiritual into one workable way of life. They have darned little stockings, mended little dresses, washed little faces and pointed little eyes to the stars, and little souls to eternal things.”
-William L. Stidger
Have a healthy week, everyone!
If you are interested in another easy recipe, check out Homemade Peasant Bread.
Be First to Comment