I am a true believer that homemade gifts are the best kind. I also believe that gifts for self are a must. Everyone needs spoiled, even if it’s in the smallest of ways.
Just imagine closing your eyes and rubbing on this aromatic cinnamon and orange body scrub. The coconut oil moisturizes, creating a spa-type experience.
The ingredients are few, but the feeling is powerful.
Cinnamon and Orange Body Scrub
by Alice Krek
Ingredients and Items needed:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbls. coconut oil
- 6 drops orange essential oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2-2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 small glass jars (9.8 fl. oz. each)
- White felt
- Gift labels/White paper
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and coconut oil. Mix with a spatula until well combined, and the mixture resembles a paste.
- Add essential oil, orange zest, and as much ground cinnamon as you wish (more cinnamon means the scrub will be a darker color).
- Split into two jars (or use just one big jar if you wish) and cover with lids.
- Cut two felt circles, each twice as big as the side of the lid. Place them on top of each jar, and then tie a ribbon and a tag around the jar.
- Keep in a cool, dark place until you are ready to give this as a gift.
If you’re making this for yourself, you can easily keep the scrub at room temperature in the bathroom. It’ll keep for about two months.
How to Use:
- Use lukewarm water; allow it to run for 5-10 minutes to soften the skin.
- Pause running water and apply the scrub in circular motions; start at your feet and move upwards towards your heart to enhance circulation.
- Maintain gentle pressure (don’t scrub too hard!)
- Rinse thoroughly.
That’s it!!! Enjoy and be sure to make some for yourself!