There is nothing wrong with light-colored or milky-toned skin.
In fact, you are saving your skin and youth when you keep harmful rays and tanning beds away. The sun is not a bad element, as we get natural vitamin D from the sun, but overexposure is.
However, people become tempted as a tan is considered beautiful or sexy. Well, what if you could have both worlds; a natural glow using a natural bronzing lotion?
This product is for Men, Woman, and is also safe for children.
Carlynn Woolsey is the author of this recipe and has created a way for fair-type skin to be sun-kissed in a beautiful glow.
Coconut oil is a natural skin protector, but if you plan to be in the sun for a long time, I recommend placing sunscreen on before or even mixing it with your natural bronzer so your skin stays protected.
Ready to be sun-kissed? Me too, so let’s start!
Natural Bronzing Lotion
- 1/4 cup beeswax pellets
- 1/4 cup carrier oil: (almond/grapeseed/jojoba)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coffee grounds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Directions for Coconut oil infusion:
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut oil, coffee grounds, and cinnamon. Simmer over low heat for approximately two hours.
- Then allow the mixture to cool.
- After it cools, strain the coconut oil. Discard the grounds, or use them to make a body scrub.
Directions to make the cream:
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, combine the coconut oil infusion, a carrier oil of your choice, and the beeswax pellets. Whisk the mixture to ensure the oils are fully incorporated and heat just until the beeswax is melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the essential oils, if desired.
- Place the pan in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes and whisk once while freezing. If you can’t place it in the freezer, allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for at least an hour. Essentially, you are melting everything down to combine the ingredients and then letting it harden back up again.
- Once hardened, give the mixture another good stir with the whisk; it should have a slightly whipped consistency. Store the cream in an airtight jar, in a cool place, for up to three weeks.
- Apply when you want that sun-kissed natural bronzing glow.
Not only will this give you a glow, but the cream will nourish your skin, leaving it soft and brilliant.
This recipe is also perfect if you are planning a trip to a sunny location and don’t want to feel out of place or blind someone with your brilliant fair-type skin ;).
Apply as often as you need and as always, remember to stay healthy and free!