If you are looking for easy, healthy, and delicious, then you have come to the right place.
Baked asparagus is a family favorite recipe that never gets old.
It’s also something you can prep ahead of time for an easy supper veggie or to take to a friend’s BBQ.
No matter the occasion you will never go wrong with baked asparagus. With that let’s begin.
Ingredients and Supplies Needed:
- Fresh organic asparagus that fills about a 1/2 of a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- 3 tsp plus of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of virgin organic olive oil
- 6, or more if you prefer, cloves of garlic chopped
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet with sides
- Large bowl
- Measure and pour your virgin olive oil into your large bowl.
- Now, measure your pink Himalayan sea salt and add it to the olive oil. Stir with your spatula.
- Next, wash your asparagus and mix it in with the oil and salt as you add it to the bowl.
- Chop your garlic, and then sprinkle the pieces into the asparagus mixture.
- Using your tongs, turn the asparagus so it’s nicely coated in olive oil.
- Cover your bowl with foodservice wrap or saran wrap and place it in the refrigerator. You want to allow time for the asparagus to sweat. You can bake it immediately, but it does have more flavor if you allow time for the garlic oil and salt to blend into the asparagus.
- Prep your pan with the parchment paper once you’re ready; spread the asparagus mixture on it and then place it in the oven.
- Bake at 350 if you’re pairing the asparagus with another meat, like pork chops. If you aren’t worried about oven space, you can bake the asparagus at a higher temperature for a shorter time.
- Baking time all depends on how tender or crispy you like your asparagus. I would suggest setting your timer for 30 minutes when you begin and then in 5-minute incriminates after that until you’ve reached your desired consistency. Be sure to write down the temperature and time so you remember for the next go around.
- Once the asparagus is finished, pull it out from the oven and serve.
- You can also grill using this recipe. The cooking time will be different, but again, you can track that the first time.