Everyone needs a hardy soup that has flavor and doesn’t take long to make. This is such a healthy choice for a family or a yummy meal for when your company comes.
The ingredients are simple, but the health benefits are massive. I like to call it my “Healthy Hearty Cabbage Soup.” Part of the reason it’s so healthy is due to the broth. The broth is very high in minerals and has immune boosting properties. It’s also a rich source of collagen which can add to you looking younger. The glycine found in it has been known to help you sleep better and ward off fatigue. Other benefits include:
- Improving the efficiency of protein digestion
- Aids in digestion
- Improves symptoms of joint pain
The list could go on and on, but for now, I will leave it at what I’ve said and promise to write a post dealing specifically with Bone and regular broths. I will be sure to include a recipe to go along with it, so you will have all the information you need to make your own.
Remember you can always freeze stock when cooking down or baking a chicken and or beef. This stock I add to every soup I make. In fact, I usually choose what soup I’m going to make next based on what stock I have in my freezer.
Let’s get started now and check out the items and ingredients needed to make this “Healthy Hearty Cabbage Soup.”
- ITEMS NEEDED:
- Large Pot
- Pan to hold your sausage
- Large cutting knife
- Chopping board
- Stove 🙂
- Large spoon
- INGREDIENTS NEEDED:
- 4 medium-sized carrots
- 1 large onion or two small
- 4 stocks of celery
- 2 lbs of ring sausage
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 quarts water or 12 cups
- 3 14.5oz cans crushed or diced tomatoes (optional).
- Your pick of a base, Beef , Chicken or Vegetable to taste.
We have everything we need, now it’s time to start cooking.
- Grab your pot, put your water in it and set it on the stove.
- Next, you need to cook your sausage. In your large pan place your links and a cup of water. Cover and steam through until cooked. If you need to add more water, then go ahead.
- Take out your chopping board and knife. Now start dicing your Carrots, Onions, Celery and last, your Cabbage. Once they are diced, add your carrots, onions, and celery to your pot of water and turn on medium-high heat.
- Your cabbage should be placed in the pot when your veggies are about halfway finished.
- Your sausage should be about ready to slice and add to this hardy cabbage soup. Also, if you are adding the cans of diced or chopped tomatoes, go ahead and put them in at this point.
- Heat everything through and then add your base to taste. Once the desired flavor is reached your soup is finished.