A reading list was so helpful to me when I decided to schedule time specifically for learning, growing, and improving in certain areas.
It’s amazing how by changing what you decide to read can improve your life.
I love so many things about this top 20 book list. Each title has helped in some way with the development and forward progress of my life. Huge goals were met and new ones formed due to the knowledge gained from other people and their passion for sharing.
What you spend your time doing is what you will become. Because of this a long time ago, I chose to devote my time to learning from great minds, whether they be in the past or present.
And… if you are reading this, then I assume you want to do the same thing. People and decisions mold us, and by you choosing to read quality material and words of wise authors, you are taking a significant step in the right direction of your future.
Just by reading one maybe two books on this reading list, you will have gone through some impactful life changes, mental and physical. These books were written for ordinary people and have the power, if you listen, to change the future for yourself and your families.
Some of these are more in-depth and require extra brain power, and some are easy reads.
Mentally we are not always prepared to read an in-depth book, so I would suggest alternating between an easy read and a more thorough read. This way you will stay motivated and relaxed, so you retain the information you are reading.
Another suggestion would be to read a book a month. Count the pages or chapters and divide that by the days of the month so each time you begin reading, you know how far you need to go.Tweet
It is always important to set goals if you wish to follow through or succeed at anything. Whether it’s a book a month or a book every two months you should set a goal so you feel a sense of accomplishment when you have finished.
Now that we have gone through why it’s important to not only read but choose carefully what you read I will give you what you came for, your top 20 list of books.
Note: You don’t have to read the books below in a certain order to obtain the wealth of knowledge they provide. Unless you have a compulsive side and wish to check them off starting from the top you may read them in any order.
You will also note that I include health books in my top 20. I feel you should consider your health as part of your successful equation in life.
- Think and Grow Rich– By Napoleon Hill
- How To Win Friends and Influence People– By Dale Carnegie
- Three Feet From Gold– By Sharon L. Lechter & Greg S. Reid
- The Bible
- How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People– By Les Giblin
- The Miracle Morning– By Hal Elrod
- Everyone Communicates Few Connect– By John Maxwell
- The Miracle of Right Thought– By Orison Swett Marden
- He Can Who Thinks He Can– By Orison Swett Marden
- The Five Second Rule– By Mel Robbins
- The Slight Edge– By Jeff Olson
- The Case Against Sugar– By Gary Taubes
- The Richest Man in Babylon– By George S. Clason
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership– By John Maxwell
- The Power of Positive Thinking– By Norman Vincent Peale
- Dare to Win– By Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen
- Cultivating an Unshakable Character– By Jim Rohn
- Breaking the Rules– By Kurt Wright
- Hung by the Tongue– By Francis P. Martin
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Healing Remedies– By M.D., Ph.D. Shealy (author) C. Norman
So… where do you go from here? Pick a title then order it. Many of these books are available on audio, kindle, at the library, you name it. I have my collection in print because I LOVE to highlight, but to each their own.
Successful people never blame circumstances or other people; instead, they take full responsibility for their lives. They use the past as a lesson but do not dwell in it, and instead, let themselves be pulled up and forward by the compelling force of the future. They know that the path that leads to the success curve and the one that leads to the failure curve are only a hair’s breadth apart, separated only by the distinction of simple, “insignificant” actions that are just as easy not to do as they are to do—and that this difference will ultimately make all the difference.The Slight Edge- By Jeff Olson
Ultimately, “You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.”
― Napoleon Hill
So, take the first step. Remember this list is only a list. You have to pick a book, read it, and then apply the knowledge within for it to help you — a simple positive action which will impact your life forever.
What are you waiting for? Pick and Click :).